The following positions are currently being advertised:
Fleming’s Nurseries : Monbulk, Victoria
Australia’s leading wholesale production nursery, Fleming’s Nurseries, is seeking a sales/administration professional that is looking for a challenge working in a unique role within our commercial sales division.
If you are a systems savvy, customer focused, well organised individual – this could be the ideal role for you,.
Joining our Commercial Sales team as a commercial sales administrator, you will be knee deep in plants and plant procurement, quality control and stock movement on a daily basis.
This pivotal role also works closely with Fleming’s Landscapes administration team fulfilling the plant needs of our large landscape projects, while also plant sourcing for a wide range of large commercial orders.
Daily tasks will include sales administration including receipting stock, purchase orders, quality control, managing large commercial sales orders on day-to-day basis, and working closely with customers and suppliers regarding current and future orders.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills, be a natural planner and exceptionally well organised.
You will be responsible for ensuring stock management including ordering, ensuring quality is measured, stock meets customer expectation, as well as other related stock matters.
Boomaroo Nurseries – Lara, Victoria
If you are passionate about Horticulture and about growing healthy plants then this is the role for you. Working closely with our Head Grower & Master Planner you will support all aspects of Growing and Plant Health across the plants life-cycle which includes; spraying, fertigation, watering, pest and disease management. You will also be involved with innovation and trial management in partnership with our supply-chain partners including the propagation companies as well as our retailers – with the aim of delivering high quality products that our customers and consumers are looking for.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in Horticulture / Agriculture
- Understanding of small plant propagation, soil and plant health, and integrated pest & disease management
- Strong Communication & Problem solving skills
- Ability to learn quickly and be able to Build Relationships
- A team player who values diversity and collaboration
Queensland Farmers Federation : various locations in Queensland
We are looking for three positions as Agricultural Extension Trainees to be filled. We are looking for three graduates that are passionate about making a difference for the Great Barrier Reef, are passionate about Agriculture, and are looking to widen your industry experience.
The Queensland Farmers’ Federation (QFF) is facilitating an Agricultural Work Placement Program, funded by the Great Barrier Reef Foundation (GBRF), which aims to improve the capacity of early career extension officers (Trainees).
Three positions are available in three different host organisations in the Burdekin Region for 12 months. Each position has a specific description. Please see our website or the attachments for the position description.
The successful applicant will work alongside and receive mentoring from experienced advisors, participate in relevant training, engage with growers and graziers, and expand their access to professional networks. The focus of the position is on reducing the risk of excess nutrients, pesticides and sediments from agricultural runoff impacting reef water quality in the GBR catchments.
The Trainee will develop expertise in one or more of the following areas: land management, water management, water quality, soil health, and nutrient and pest management. The program will enhance the Trainee’s extension skills as they assist in delivering agricultural and Natural Resource Management (NRM) projects with landholders.
Leaf, Root & Fruit Pty Ltd : Melbourne, Victoria
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic team player, keen to share the excitement of sustainable, edible gardening in Melbourne. You’ll have completed a PDC, and have strong experience with CAD. You cannot wait to use and develop your design skills. You will fit seamlessly into our team of enthusiastic gardeners. Attention to detail and professionalism are of the utmost importance, in this role.
This role is designed to give the incumbent an opportunity to develop their Permaculture design skills whilst supporting the Director. This will enable them to progress to higher levels of responsibility within the team. Based in Burwood, this role will involve extensive travel across Metropolitan Melbourne. This casual role is anticipated to involve working 3 to 5 days per week, usually on a Monday to Friday .
At times, this position will involve manual labour and working with noisy power tools. We work in all weather conditions, including heat, rain and wind. The role is very active and requires someone who is physically fit.
- Supporting the Director
- Participating in design projects from start to finish
- Confidently liaising with clients
- Attending site visits and compiling client briefs
- Base mapping and technical drawing (utilising Sketch Up)
- Assisting with administration tasks
- Coordinating workshops
- Participate in landscaping, plant propagation and other “hands-on” activities
Collector’s Corner : Melbourne, Victoria
GENERAL DUTIES include:
- Identification and knowledge about relevant plants to be able to support customers with plant selection and providing growing advice
- Managing stock, merchandising, cleaning etc.
- Experience or the ability to perform other tasks across the store, including front counter and register.
- Duties will also entail moving and replenishment of stock, watering, cleaning and other physical tasks, and ALL applicants must be fit and able to lift, carry, push, pull, bend etc. without issue.
- Preference given to people with extensive knowledge of the relevant plant groups, however serious enthusiasts with a passion for learning may also be considered.
- Previous retail or customer service experience is preferred and horticultural qualifications, knowledge of other plants in our range, or strong interest in plants would be of benefit.
Plantmark; Victoria, Melbourne, Western Suburbs
We value professionalism, integrity and commitment to customer service. Our success depends on our people and we welcome those who are passionate about making a difference. We currently have three positions open: Nursery Sales (Coordinator), Nursery Apprentice (Dispatch), Nursery Coordinator (Sales)