The following positions are currently being advertised:
Proteaflora: Yarra Valley/High Country, Victoria
The role of Nursery Assistant includes work in all areas of our nursery operation – creating new plants in our propagation area; potting up healthy baby plants into bigger pots and help them grow into big and beautiful plants. As a member of our team, you will learn all about plant health and care, including nutrition, watering and pruning, up to the point that they are ready for sale and shipping off to our customers.
Nursery Supervisor / Manager
Ecodynamics Group : Adelaide, South Australia
The Ecodynamics Group provides landscape construction services for ecological restoration and major infrastructure projects across south eastern Australia through our businesses Ecodynamics Landscaping, WeBlow Landscaping, Aquaseeding and Mossrock Mulch. Ecodynamics Landscaping operate two large production nurseries, one in Victoria and one in South Australia which service the Company’s contracted landscaping projects as well as the nursery industry in each state through plant sales.
We are seeking a Nursery Supervisor or Manager for our SA native production nursery.
For more details please see position description.
The Diggers Club : Dromana, Victoria
The Diggers Club is currently looking for an experienced Retail Manager for our iconic, flagship shop at Heronswood on the Mornington Peninsula.
We offer a permanent, full time role and the opportunity to work in a unique environment with a passionate and knowledgeable team. The retail shop is home to our vast variety of products and is regarded as the information hub for our visiting customers. The retail shop is open 7 days a week and thus this position is on a rotating roster from Monday through to Sunday and will work a 37.5 hour week.
Reporting to the National Retail Manager, this role is responsible for the day to day operations of the shop, ensuring that annual business targets are met and increasing growth and profitability at every opportunity.
Grandiflora Gardens Pty Ltd : Melbourne, Victoria
We are looking for a senior & experienced Horticulturalist with great plant identification skills and knowledge. A love & passion for all things plants and gardens!
The position will commence as casual, during a three month trial period with potential for full time employment for the right applicant.
A positive can-do attitude, eye for detail, ability to work alone or in a team, physical fitness, honesty and reliability are essential. Design & leadership skills or experience will be highly regarded.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent plant & pest knowledge
- Minimum Cert III Horticulture
- 3 years industry experience
- Manual Drivers Licence
- Physically fit
Govmetrica : Mt. Franklin, Victoria
Great opportunity to secure a permanent job on a 20 acre private property in beautiful Mount Franklin (13 kilometres north of Daylesford). We are looking for someone who is highly capable, reliable, self-motivated and physically fit who takes pride in their work to help us maintain and continue to develop our fairly well established European-style garden.
The role will involve:
- Maintaining trees, fruit trees, flowering gardens, vegetable garden, lawns and general grounds including: mowing, brush-cutting, pruning, mulching, edging, hedge trimming, fertilising and planting
- Installing and maintaining irrigation system
- Operating hand-held and ride-on machinery
- Identifying and managing weeds, pests and plant diseases
- General maintenance work
Kids in the Garden: Gold Coast, Queensland
About the business
Kids in the Garden is fully qualified horticulture business specialising the establishing new and maintaining gardens, both residential and commercial properties throughout the Gold Coast to North Brisbane Region. Kids in the Garden have uniquely designed Childcare Program whereby our friendly staff go into childcare centres to educate and give the children a hands-on approach to organic vegetable grow and many other aspects gardening and what mother nature provides.
About the role
Do you enjoy working physically outside, getting your hands grubby and interacting with little green thumbs? Are you looking for a career change or a new job opportunity? If you answered yes to both questions, then Kids in the Garden are looking for you!
We require talented people to maintain gardens in and surrounding childcare establishments. The duties carried out consist of the basic gardening such as mowing, edging, blowing, hedging and centre garden clean up.
Threefold Garden Management: Sydney, New South Wales
We are seeking a qualified horticulturalist to join our rapidly growing team. In this role you will be working alongside one of our energetic apprentices, carrying out all aspects of residential garden maintenance.
From Palm Beach to Vaucluse and everywhere in between, you will work and experience some of Sydney’s finest gardens.
Skills and Experience:
- Qualification in Horticulture
- High skill level with all power and hand tools and their respective maintenance
- Sound knowledge of plants including pests and diseases
- Passionate about the horticulture industry with a great work ethic
- The ability to work independently and in a small team
- Sound knowledge of irrigation system repairs and upgrades
- Current manual drivers licence
- Minimum 3 years experience in the industry
- Current Police Check may be required
House Island Horticulture : Brisbane, Queensland
Currently there is a position available for a horticulturalist with the small team. Hours per week will be approximately 28 – 38 hours. Supervision of 1-3 labourers will sometimes be required and the ability to work autonomously is important.
This role involves spending your day in large, highly manicured gardens paying full attention to every detail with the aim of getting the grounds looking as perfect as possible.
Your work day will be varied from installing a vegetable garden, liaising with suppliers and clients, shaping topiaries and hedges, tending rose bushes, replanting garden beds, top dressing lawns, mulching, edging and mowing lawns, testing irrigation, fertilising gardens, dividing Orchids, and more.
Tranen Revegetation Systems: Perth, Western Australia
Tranen Revegetation Systems has been one of the industry leaders since 2002 in the management of native revegetation throughout the southwest. We currently have an opening for a full-time Revegetation Team Leader to join our Perth team.
Reporting to the Operations Director, and working closely with the project managers, you will help us achieve our core goal of delivering high quality bushland rehabilitation outcomes, on the 80 plus active projects we undertake around the greater Perth metro area each year.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Assist with implementing revegetation and seed collection projects by:
- Ensuring that internal standards and HS&E legislation are met, with safety given paramount importance;
- Co-ordinating personnel in the field;
- Overseeing field activity quality control;
- Tracking progress, productivity, and timesheets including updating registers;
- Training, coaching, and mentoring casual employees;
- Occasionally applying herbicide;
- Brush cutting and chainsaw activities; and
- Undertaking other activities related to on-ground project delivery.
Tim Davies Landscaping: Perth, Western Australia
Tim Davies Landscaping has positions for horticulturalists within its highly skilled Residential Maintenance division. Working on high end residential projects in the Western Suburbs and other prestigious area’s, the successful applicant must be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the elements that are required to create a garden of exceptional quality.
To be successful in this position, you will be able to demonstrate:
- A strong passion for gardening
- An eye for detail
- A commitment to high standards
- An ability to work in a team environment
- A qualification in Horticulture would be highly regarded
- Provide a high quality gardening and horticulture service
- An ability to communicate well with clients and your team members
City of Sydney Council: Sydney, New South Wales
The City is seeking a qualified Bush regenerator to join the dedicated Parks and Trees team to care for 90 hectares of trees in parks, gardens and open spaces. These spaces also play a very important role in supporting biodiversity as they provide much of the habitat necessary to enable plants and animals to survive.
You will have the following:
- TAFE qualifications in Certificate III in Conservation & Land Management or Certificate III in Natural Area Restoration
- demonstrated experience and capacity to deliver bush regeneration projects, including site preparation, revegetation, weed control and best practice maintenance in the Sydney region
- strong plant identification skills including native and weed species of the Sydney region
- demonstrated experience in managing freshwater wetland vegetation
- experience in the supervision and training of staff
- current Chemcert/AQF 3 qualifications
- current Class 1A drivers licence is essential.
Plantmark; Victoria, Melbourne, Western Suburbs
We value professionalism, integrity and commitment to customer service. Our success depends on our people and we welcome those who are passionate about making a difference. We currently have three positions open: Nursery Sales (Coordinator), Nursery Apprentice (Dispatch), Nursery Coordinator (Sales)