The following positions are currently being advertised:
Leaf, Root & Fruit Pty Ltd : Melbourne, Victoria
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic team player, keen to share the excitement of sustainable, edible gardening in Melbourne. You’ll have completed a PDC, and have strong experience with CAD. You cannot wait to use and develop your design skills. You will fit seamlessly into our team of enthusiastic gardeners. Attention to detail and professionalism are of the utmost importance, in this role.
This role is designed to give the incumbent an opportunity to develop their Permaculture design skills whilst supporting the Director. This will enable them to progress to higher levels of responsibility within the team. Based in Burwood, this role will involve extensive travel across Metropolitan Melbourne. This casual role is anticipated to involve working 3 to 5 days per week, usually on a Monday to Friday .
At times, this position will involve manual labour and working with noisy power tools. We work in all weather conditions, including heat, rain and wind. The role is very active and requires someone who is physically fit.
- Supporting the Director
- Participating in design projects from start to finish
- Confidently liaising with clients
- Attending site visits and compiling client briefs
- Base mapping and technical drawing (utilising Sketch Up)
- Assisting with administration tasks
- Coordinating workshops
- Participate in landscaping, plant propagation and other “hands-on” activities
Kevin Heinz Grow : Melbourne, Victoria
This position is responsible for overseeing operations and service delivery at the KHG Peppertree Place site.
The Manager will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer to oversee and guide all operations at Peppertree Place.
The Manager will work with the Manager – Client Services to develop, schedule, coordinate, and deliver high quality, evidence-based services for people with a variety of needs.
The Manager will work with the Manager – Marketing and Fundraising to manage the Peppertree Place brand, promote services offered at Peppertree Place, and source operational and programmatic funding.
The Manager – Peppertree Place is a member of the Kevin Heinze Grow Management Team.
- Recruitment, supervision and management of staff;
- Operational and facilities management of the Peppertree Place site;
- Promotion and management of the Peppertree Place volunteer program, including recruitment, assessment, induction, support, and administration;
- Reporting on program activity to the CEO and Committee of Management, as required;
- Delivery of services within the KHG budget, in consultation with the CEO;
- Working with partner organisations to deliver services, as required;
- Working as part of a cooperative multidisciplinary team;
- Participation at regular KHG staff planning sessions;
- Other duties as required.
Collector’s Corner : Melbourne, Victoria
GENERAL DUTIES include:
- Identification and knowledge about relevant plants to be able to supportcustomers with plant selection and providing growing advice
- Managing stock, merchandising, cleaning etc.
- Experience or the ability to perform other tasks across the store, including front counter and register.
- Duties will also entail moving and replenishment of stock, watering, cleaning and other physical tasks, and ALL applicants must be fit and able to lift, carry, push, pull, bend etc. without issue.
- Preference given to people with extensive knowledge of the relevant plant groups, however serious enthusiasts with a passion for learning may also be considered.
- Previous retail or customer service experience is preferred and horticultural qualifications, knowledge of other plants in our range, or strong interest in plants would be of benefit.
Heide Museum of Modern Art : Bulleen, Victoria
About the role
The role reports to the Head Gardener and also works closely with the Facilities Manager across the site. This position works closely in a team environment with the gardening staff to manage and maintain Heide’s extensive gardens and sculpture park, including the nationally significant kitchen gardens and the indigenous remnant conservation zone. Responsibilities include supervising a contingent of volunteer gardeners, and the development and delivery of seasonal public programs.
Primary focus of the position
Heide is seeking a suitably qualified horticultural professional to assist the Head Gardener in the development, care and maintenance of its extensive gardens, sculpture park and grounds. Heide’s Gardener will also participate in various educational and public programs associated with the cultural heritage and history of the site, and the Museum’s collection and exhibitions programs as necessary.
Tree Care : Perth, Western Australia
About the role:
Full time position, The role covers all aspects of tree work including Rope Access Climbing, EWP Operation, Formative and Corrective pruning, Complex tree removals and Crane work. Dependent on skills, experience and previous formal training, there is scope to become a Lead Climber and/or a Team Leader of a crew. Working Monday to Friday with weekend work also available.
The Successful Applicant
- Climbing experience within the Arboriculture industry essential.
- A broad knowledge of industry practices (Formal qualifications preferably).
- Excellent Arboricultural pruning knowledge.
- EWP License (Preferred, but can obtain upon commencement)
- MR Truck license or above (preferred but not essential)
- Strong work ethic and time management skills
- Physically fit, punctual and reliable
- Pass a mandatory pre-employment drug test
Royal Botanic Gardens, Victoria : Cranbourne, Victoria
The Horticulturist (Nursery) is responsible for providing technical support as part of the Nursery team to deliver nursery activities including propagation and growing on plant material, living plant collections curation, plant records, biosecurity, storage and use of hazardous substances, irrigation and applied horticultural research to contribute to the achievement of branch objectives.
- Trade Certificate, Advanced Certificate, relevant tertiary qualifications or other equivalent qualification and experience in Horticulture (Nursery) or other relevant professional field.
- Completion of a Farm Chemical Users Course or hold an Agricultural Chemical Users Permit.
- Demonstrated experience in a specialist plant nursery or other relevant experience, including demonstrated knowledge of current nursery practices, plant identification, propagation and curation.
- Experience in and sound knowledge of propagation techniques for a diverse range of plant stock
- Demonstrated ability to optimise plant performance, including knowledge of weed, pest and disease identification, plant biology and control using IPM strategies
- Demonstrated ability to work as a constructive member of a team, and to supervise and train apprentices, internship students, volunteers or other staff
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate appropriately to various audiences and to clearly provide professional horticultural advice
Mount Annan Botanic Gardens : Sydney, New South Wales
Hoban Recruitment is currently seeking a Gardener to join their team at The Australian Botanic Gardens in Mount Annan. This is a great opportunity to join a stable and supportive team environment where you will be able to gain invaluable experience with a highly regarded Horticulture and Landscaping team.
With your experience you will be responsible for:
- Propagation, potting up, plant hygiene protocols
- Implement maintenance programs and policies & procedures
- Assist with supervising apprentices. Lialising with other sections on development and maintanance.
- Control of pests and diseases, weed control etc.
- May be required to work outside of normal working hours at times.
- Experience of working with working with Australian Natives is desirable but not essential
Specific requirements for the role include:
- Certificate III in Horticulture or equivalent
- Chemcert AQF3 Chemical Accreditation.
- Previous experience in parks & gardens maintenance
- Current OH&S White card
- Current C class driver’s license
- Have PPE
The University of Western Australia : Perth, Western Australia
- Are you looking for the next step in your career? Become part of a team that cares for UWA’s heritage landscape
- Level 4, full-time appointment on a permanent/ongoing basis
- Salary range: $64,000 to $68,053 plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the team
Campus Management is responsible for planning, developing and managing the University’s campus and property portfolio to support teaching, research and campus life. Campus Management delivers a comprehensive range of University-wide services.
About the opportunity
As a Horticulturalist, you will apply amenity horticultural expertise to the maintenance of the University grounds and surrounds in a timely and highly professional manner.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Certificate III in Horticulture or equivalent competency
- Demonstrated experience in horticulture for at least 5 years, preferably in a large organisation
- Demonstrated experience in organising and managing a small team of field staff in day to day operations.
- Relevant experience in the use and maintenance of horticultural machinery and technical knowledge of horticultural practices
- Ability to work independently, show initiative and work productively as part of a team
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in a range of computing skills such as word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet and email
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding and compliance with Occupational Health and safety principles and practices
- Current unrestricted ‘C’ class drivers licence
- Current First Aid certificate, manual handling certificate, current chainsaw operator licence, SAT Blue Card (desirable)
Centenary Memorial Gardens : Brisbane, Queensland
To maintain our rolling hills and manicured gardens, we are now searching for a practical, hands-on Horticulturist / General Hand, to contribute to the daily cemetery operations, improvement of our grounds, by working together with a small grounds team.
To be successful, you will have:
- An ability to use tools, machinery and equipment for construction and maintenance of grounds, burial and cremation services;
- Certificate III or IV in Horticulture or Landscaping;
- Understanding of safe work procedures;
- Have a broad range of practical maintenance skills;
- A high level of physical fitness, and are capable of heavy lifting and landscaping;
- Have irrigation and turf care knowledge;
- Be willing and available to work weekends when required;
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a grounds or horticultural focused role;
- A willingness to work co-operatively as part of a team which takes pride in its workmanship;
- Have a Manual Drivers’ Licence.
Hakley Gardens : Sydney, New South Wales
Hakley Gardens is looking for a Horticulturalist to join our fast growing, progressive garden maintenance company.
Benefits and perks
We will provide competitive remuneration for the right candidate with plenty of opportunities for overtime. Uniforms, tools and training will also be included. Ideally we are looking for a long-term candidate who will grow and progress with our company.
Skills and experience
- goal driven and motivated
- deliver consistently high quality work
- have a sound knowledge of plants including pests and diseases
- be passionate about the horticultural industry
- strong work ethic
- driver’s license
- minimum 3 years experience
- Certificate III in Horticulture preferable
- competent in all aspects of garden maintenance
1300apprentice : Southern Highlands & Tablelands, New South Wales
At 1300apprentice we have a client based in the Southern Highlands looking for a Horticulture trainee to join their team.
If you are confident, a team player and have passion for plants, this is perfect for you!
Our Host Employer specialises in trees, shrubs, roses and plants ideally suited to the Southern Highlands and other cold climate locations. You will be working with a great team who are very passionate!
Duties will include:
- Stock Control
- Customer Service
- Plant Identification
- Pest Control
- Fertilizing and
- Working along-side people with special needs
Royal Botanic Gardens, Victoria : Cranbourne, Victoria
The Horticulturist (Gardens) is responsible for providing technical support as part of the Horticulture team to deliver horticulture activities including garden maintenance, living plant collections curation, turf care, plant records, plant health, biosecurity, storage and use of hazardous substances, and irrigation to contribute to the achievement of branch objectives.
- Trade Certificate, Advanced Certificate, relevant tertiary qualifications or other equivalent qualification and experience in Horticulture or other relevant professional field.
- Completion of a Farm Chemical Users Course or hold an Agricultural Chemical Users Permit.
- Demonstrated experience in a large public garden, such as a botanic garden or other relevant experience, including demonstrated knowledge of current horticultural practices, plant identification and curation.
- Demonstrated ability to optimise plant performance, including knowledge of weed, pest and disease identification, plant biology and control using IPM strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a constructive member of a team, and to supervise and train apprentices, internship students, volunteers or other staff.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate appropriately to various audiences and to clearly provide professional horticultural advice.
Peards Nursery : Wodonga, Victoria
We are looking for one enthusiastic retail assistants to join our expanding team. Horticulture qualifications ARE required and the ability to interact professionally with customers and cash handling experience is a necessity. On the job training is provided. Must be flexible with hours of availability. Weekend work may be required.
Nursery & Garden Industry Victoria : Melbourne Victoria
NGIV is seeking a Marketing & Communications Coordinator for their small, but passionate team, dedicated to representing its members and the broader interests of the Victorian horticulture sector.
The role is responsible for undertaking operational tasks associated with marketing and communicating key aspects of the NGIV to both internal and external stakeholders. A key focus includes organising and maintaining content on NGIV’s communication platforms (i.e. industry publications, e-communications and social media).
CERES Community Environment Park : Melbourne, Victoria
We are looking for an inclusive and innovative qualified VET trainer in horticulture with experience delivering accredited training to participants from all walks of life. You are passionate about sustainability and keen to pass that passion on to your students through hands on learning experiences. You are a patient communicator who makes learning fun, and you love seeing your students gain confidence as they achieve their learning outcomes.
You will :
- Deliver the CERES Training curriculum to students and groups
- Provide hands-on, real world learning experiences in sustainable horticulture
- Must be available Wednesdays from July to November 2019 with the potential for additional work
SERCO : Melbourne CBD & Inner Suburbs, Victora
We are now seeking a highly motivated Head Gardener to manage and coordinate the maintenance and development of gardens and other high profile horticultural assets within some of the most prestigious and beautiful parks and open spaces in Melbourne and the CBD.
As Head Gardener you will lead, develop and supervise a Horticultural team to complete all required horticultural maintenance tasks and activities.
- Provide overall custodianship to allocated areas of responsibility
- Assist with the installation and maintenance of floral installations to high profile locations, including Melbourne Town Hall
- Assist with the installation of high profile displays within the Fitzroy Gardens Conservatory
- Plan and organise all required maintenance activities within areas of responsibility
- Provide a single point of contact for council officers, event organisation and contractors
- Manage electronic daily schedules and work orders
- Monitoring plant irrigation requirements and managing water use and application
- Assist in the monitoring of tree health throughout the municipality and reporting issues
- Assist in planning and delivery of Capital Works landscaping and planting projects as required
- Actively protect City of Melbourne assets and provide a safe, high quality public environment for residents and visitors within the region, including daily litter removal and waste management.
Plantmark; Victoria, Melbourne, Western Suburbs
We value professionalism, integrity and commitment to customer service. Our success depends on our people and we welcome those who are passionate about making a difference. We currently have three positions open: Nursery Sales (Coordinator), Nursery Apprentice (Dispatch), Nursery Coordinator (Sales)