The following positions are currently being advertised:
Northey Street City Farm : Brisbane, Queensland
The Administration & Promotions Co-ordinator provides administrative and promotional support to all NSCF activities. The person should be an efficient, highly motivated and organised individual who communicates well and enjoys working with a diverse range of people. The role requires the ability to manage multiple tasks in a busy office environment and have high level skills in office administration and promotions.
Established in 1994, Northey Street City Farm is a non-profit community organisation for people of all ages and backgrounds to learn the principles of Permaculture through hands-on experience. Join an enthusiastic, passionate group of people to work on one of Australia’s largest city farms. NSCF is a Permaculture demonstration site, with established gardens as well as orchards and a wood-lot. Our education program caters for all ages with a variety of courses and activities. We also operate two social enterprises: City Farm Nursery, and Brisbane’s only Organic Sunday Farmers Markets. NSCF is a community hub that facilitates the development of social connections and new skills for volunteers and participants in a variety of programs. Use your skills and experience to help us enhance this valuable community resource.
- Be a well-informed ‘first point of call’ for the public seeking information about NSCF and its activities
- Action all incoming mail, phone and email correspondence, and distribute it appropriately.
- Maintain stationery supplies and office equipment.
- Ensure all electronic and hard filing is efficiently maintained and periodically archived. Ensure confidentiality and safe custody of files.
- Handle bookings and payments for NSCF’s educational programs.
- Ensure the membership and volunteer database is maintained. Ensure that membership registrations are processed promptly, and renewal notices issued as appropriate.
- Assist Education & Support Manager as needed with staff recruitment processes, including preparation of documents, advertising and liaising with applicants.
- Supervise and train administration and promotions volunteers.
- Liaise with IT people for computer maintenance and trouble-shooting.
- Attend Education & Support Team meetings, and other meetings as required.
- Implement NSCF promotional strategies.
- Assist with developing NSCF promotional materials.
- Maintain NSCF website content and social media presence
- Ensure an appropriate promotional presence at internal and external events.
Humphris Nursery : Melbourne, Victoria
Humphris Nursery, in a significant growth stage, now has an exciting opportunity for a Despatch Coordinator to join the team based at Mooroolbark, on a full-time basis.
We are seeking a highly motivated and driven individual with experience in supporting the despatching and distribution of perishable goods in a manufacturing environment.
The applicant should possess logistics and computer skills. Be driven with an attitude of continuous improvement and is prepared to support the Despatch dept. in LEAN management.
The role is fast paced, involving daily short lead times with perishable plant products.
Reporting to the Despatch Manager, you will be accountable for the coordination of despatching sales orders on a timely basis.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
· Generating picking and packing reports, invoicing and delivery manifests
· Coordinating scheduled deliveries into Distribution centres and other metro Melbourne customers as well as to regional VIC and interstate customers
· Coordinate inter branch deliveries on a daily basis
· Ensure that all sales orders are invoiced and despatched to the customer in the scheduled, most efficient, timely and cost effective manner
· Ensure customer service is a primary focus at all times, liaising with the sales team, production managers and the despatch team to achieve this objective
i4 Gardens is an established company, specialising predominantly in regular, scheduled garden maintenance to a wide range of clients. Our jobs are based in Bayside Melbourne and beyond. Check us out on Facebook and you’ll see the type of work we undertake..
The gardens we maintain require us to perform a diverse range of duties such as pruning / hedging, weeding, general garden care, domestic irrigation, lawn mowing and lawn maintenance. Although we don’t offer any hard landscaping services, we design and install new gardens regularly, so you’ll be involved in ever changing projects.
We are looking for a highly qualified horticulturalist to fit into our team, someone with many years experience. You will need to possess superior plant, pest & disease knowledge as a minimum. You will need to portray these skills to your colleagues and our customers daily. You will also need to display your natural communication skills and personality towards your colleagues and to our clientele, as well as your ability to perform and maintain our busy schedule, day in – day out.
We are growing at a rapid rate. We look forward to entrenching the right person into our friendly team.
The Diggers Club : Dromana, Victoria
Reporting to the Online Sales and Content Manager, you’ll take full ownership of our social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest. In addition, you’ll take charge of driving sales via email to members.
You have a high degree of creativity, initiative and enthusiasm and have strong storytelling and copy-writing abilities.
It’s an exciting time to join The Diggers Club. With a refreshed brand identity in development, along with a new website being rolled out, it’s an ideal to time to join and make your mark.
Key responsibilities include:
- Plan, create, schedule and manage social media activity across channels including Facebook, Instagram, You Tube and others
- Liaise and negotiate with key stakeholders internally on content requirements
- Analyse performance to understand what is and isn’t working, optimise posts and provide regular reporting and updates.
- Plan the email schedule in conjunction with the Club Marketing Lead to ensure an appropriate contact schedule is maintained
- Write, build and execute email campaigns to existing members for sales and promotional purposes
- Support the wider marketing team on other initiatives as required
Propogration Nursery : Skye, Victoria
We are looking for production assistants to represent Sidekicker at an amazing Propagation Nursery in Skye!
We are looking for someone who has worked in similar roles in Horticulture or has a passion in this area.
What’s Sidekicker you ask?
Sidekicker is home to Australia and New Zealand’s friendliest and hardest-working workforce, known as Sidekicks.
We offer thousands of unique and exciting shifts (like this one) to Sidekicks every month in hospitality, promotions, events, business admin, and retail/warehousing which can all be found and applied for via an easy-to-use mobile app.
As a Sidekick, you get to choose WHEN and WHERE you work, meaning you have complete control over the hours you work. Work as much or as little you’d like.
Casual shifts throughout Mon-Fri 8am-4pm
Potential ongoing work for the ideal candidate
What the role will entail:
- Dibbling on a Production Line
- General Production Support
- Completing tasks set on schedules and reporting and recording activity
Nursery & Garden Industry Victoria : Melbourne, Victoria
NGIV is seeking a Communications and Marketing Officer (digital focus) with a high level of experience writing and delivering accurate messages for our communication platforms.
The individual we seek needs to show initiative and be able to work collaboratively within a small and passionate team, dedicated to representing its members and the broader interests of the Victorian horticulture sector.
A key focus includes organising, producing and maintaining content and collateral on NGIV’s communication mediums including print and digital, in accordance with NGIV’s operational activities and its strategic marketing plan.
As the successful applicant you will:
- Be proactive, self-motivated, and one who uses their initiative;
- Have experience creating and maintaining content (inclusive of writing and editing) across a variety of communication mediums), with a major focus on digital platforms;
- Have an ability to prioritise tasks given the multifaceted demands of the role;
- Possess an engaging style, that allows you to work collaboratively within a small team to enable delivery of our strategic marketing plan;
- Roll your sleeves up and pitch in where needed; and
- Get things done by applying a logical approach to your work and undertaking the necessary preparation.
Cultivate Nursery & Gifts: Melbourne, Victoria
We are looking for the right applicant to join our passionate team 2 days a week (Monday & Tuesdays) in the leafy eastern suburbs.
Successful applicant must have sound experience in floristry, be able to multi task and manage both florist and nursery side of business.
Applicant needs to be efficient, hard working and reliable. Also display the ability to work and manage the business for periods of the day on their own.
Experience with plants and general knowledge of plants, pests and diseases also required.
Prestige Plants : Yarra Valley, Victoria
Prestige Plants Pty Ltd is a wholesale nursery business catering for the needs of property developers, architects, commercial and domestic landscapers. Prestige Plants is a vertically integrated business consisting of propagation, production, maintenance, dispatch, administration and sales located across multiple locations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform all work-related tasks and activities efficiently in order to complete work on time and in accordance with Workplace Health & Safety.
- Propagate plants from seed, cuttings or division. Tasks may include seed cleaning, sowing seed, pricking out seedlings, collecting cutting material or budwood and potting on.
- Maintain nursery stock through regular general maintenance such as watering, pruning, weeding, fertilizing and relocating stock as required.
- Maintain soil and potting mixes as needed.
- Assist with pest and disease scouting and control, including spay application
- Operate plant and equipment at the nursery including potting machines, tractors, utility vehicles and front-end loader.
- Use all safety equipment appropriate to the tasks being performed and to monitor its correct use by other staff.
- Use appropriate facilities for safe storage, handling and transport of hazardous substances.
- Carry out all activities and tasks in accordance with documented Prestige Plants Pty Ltd policies and procedures.
- Use safe and appropriate procedures in loading and unloading vehicles.
- Operate vehicles in safe and professional manner and in accordance with all current road and traffic laws at all times.
- Promptly advise Operations Manager of any impending servicing/preventative maintenance requirements
- Promptly advise Operations Manager of any mechanical faults or defects, accidents or damage to the vehicle.
- Maintain a zero-blood alcohol level when operating vehicles.
Queensland Farmers Federation : various locations in Queensland
We are looking for three positions as Agricultural Extension Trainees to be filled. We are looking for three graduates that are passionate about making a difference for the Great Barrier Reef, are passionate about Agriculture, and are looking to widen your industry experience.
The Queensland Farmers’ Federation (QFF) is facilitating an Agricultural Work Placement Program, funded by the Great Barrier Reef Foundation (GBRF), which aims to improve the capacity of early career extension officers (Trainees).
Three positions are available in three different host organisations in the Burdekin Region for 12 months. Each position has a specific description. Please see our website or the attachments for the position description.
The successful applicant will work alongside and receive mentoring from experienced advisors, participate in relevant training, engage with growers and graziers, and expand their access to professional networks. The focus of the position is on reducing the risk of excess nutrients, pesticides and sediments from agricultural runoff impacting reef water quality in the GBR catchments.
The Trainee will develop expertise in one or more of the following areas: land management, water management, water quality, soil health, and nutrient and pest management. The program will enhance the Trainee’s extension skills as they assist in delivering agricultural and Natural Resource Management (NRM) projects with landholders.
Leaf, Root & Fruit Pty Ltd : Melbourne, Victoria
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic team player, keen to share the excitement of sustainable, edible gardening in Melbourne. You’ll have completed a PDC, and have strong experience with CAD. You cannot wait to use and develop your design skills. You will fit seamlessly into our team of enthusiastic gardeners. Attention to detail and professionalism are of the utmost importance, in this role.
This role is designed to give the incumbent an opportunity to develop their Permaculture design skills whilst supporting the Director. This will enable them to progress to higher levels of responsibility within the team. Based in Burwood, this role will involve extensive travel across Metropolitan Melbourne. This casual role is anticipated to involve working 3 to 5 days per week, usually on a Monday to Friday .
At times, this position will involve manual labour and working with noisy power tools. We work in all weather conditions, including heat, rain and wind. The role is very active and requires someone who is physically fit.
- Supporting the Director
- Participating in design projects from start to finish
- Confidently liaising with clients
- Attending site visits and compiling client briefs
- Base mapping and technical drawing (utilising Sketch Up)
- Assisting with administration tasks
- Coordinating workshops
- Participate in landscaping, plant propagation and other “hands-on” activities
Collector’s Corner : Melbourne, Victoria
GENERAL DUTIES include:
- Identification and knowledge about relevant plants to be able to support customers with plant selection and providing growing advice
- Managing stock, merchandising, cleaning etc.
- Experience or the ability to perform other tasks across the store, including front counter and register.
- Duties will also entail moving and replenishment of stock, watering, cleaning and other physical tasks, and ALL applicants must be fit and able to lift, carry, push, pull, bend etc. without issue.
- Preference given to people with extensive knowledge of the relevant plant groups, however serious enthusiasts with a passion for learning may also be considered.
- Previous retail or customer service experience is preferred and horticultural qualifications, knowledge of other plants in our range, or strong interest in plants would be of benefit.
Plantmark; Victoria, Melbourne, Western Suburbs
We value professionalism, integrity and commitment to customer service. Our success depends on our people and we welcome those who are passionate about making a difference. We currently have three positions open: Nursery Sales (Coordinator), Nursery Apprentice (Dispatch), Nursery Coordinator (Sales)