The following positions are currently being advertised:
Nature’s Soil Pty Ltd : Silvan, Victoria
Nature’s Soil is a Silvan based company, specialising in supplying the horticultural and nursery industry with Premium Grade Potting Media and Plantacote Control release Fertilizers for a diverse range of plants and growing conditions.
Due to business growth, we are seeking a motivated, self-driven Sales Representative / Agronomist to join our family-owned business on a full-time basis.
The successful applicant will demonstrate the following attributes:
- Strong sales background
- Proven track record in sales
- Sound agronomic, nursery and horticulture background
- Market and product knowledge, with ongoing development and expansion
- High level of communication and a positive attitude
- Ability to set and meet deadlines
- Managing/build customer relationships, establish and maintain the business network
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work autonomously and be well organised
- Competent computer skills including Excel
- Tertiary qualifications preferred but not essential
Benefits and Perks
- Be a part of a hard-working, passionate team
- Positive and collaborative work environment
- For the right candidate a great remuneration package, which includes company car, laptop and mobile phone
Premier Plants : Cranbourne, Victoria
Premier Plants is a long established production nursery situated in Cranbourne South. We supply groundcovers and shrubs to retail nurseries and the landscape industry.
We are a rapidly growing production nursery, requiring a well presented and energetic person to join our friendly team. This is a casual position.
Duties include working in despatch, maintenance of stock, potting, possibly assisting propagators and some delivery of stock. Minimum 3 years experience in production nursery preferred, and a manual car licence required. A medium rigid licence an advantage
Kuranga Nursery & Paperbark Cafe Pty Ltd : Mt Evelyn, Victoria
Kuranga Native Nursery has a position vacant for a propagator of indigenous tubestock at our Wandin production nursery.
Kuranga produces all its own stock for our retail native nursery in Mt. Evelyn.
A strong knowledge of Melbourne’s indigenous plants and propagating experience is essential.
The position includes collection and sowing seed, cuttings, tubing, and maintenance and labelling of stock.
We are looking for a positive, enthusiastic, self-motivated person with industry knowledge able to work well in a team.
Full time or part time position available
Proteaflora Nursery Pty Ltd : Monbulk, Victoria
We are looking for a qualified horticulturist to take up a permanent full time position.
The role will include but not be restricted to; crop care, propagation, potting and dispatching of plants to retailers.
- working week will be 40 hours (5 days 7.30am to 4pm) a week Monday to Saturday as rostered.
- our employees enjoy a 15 minute paid tea break each morning and a 30 minute lunch break each day.
- we offer our full-time permanent employees an additional 24 hours of leave per year in the form of 3 lifestyle days, for those odd days when you need to have your car serviced or have an appointment somewhere.
- we provide uniform, protective clothing and training (both internal and external).
Cultivating Community: Melbourne, Victoria
Our purpose is to inspire a healthy and just world. Our Vision is for joyful, connected communities who care for each other and our earth. We create nourishing and educational food and gardening experiences. We nurture wellbeing and a sense of belonging. We embrace people, place and culture through food and gardening.
We work with diverse and low-income communities to create fair, secure and resilient food systems. Our services include:
- Delivering school food garden programs in a number of schools across Melbourne as well as professional development opportunities for educators
- Supporting over 700 tenants in 20 Public Housing Community Gardens
- Establishing the Fitzroy Food Centre and supporting other food systems projects
- Workshops for Local Government and the wider community on environmentally sound food waste reduction, composting and food growing
- Consultancy on communal garden design, construction and governance.
We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated person to deliver on our strategic objectives.
You will be a proven leader, change manager and strategic thinker. Leading a team of dedicated staff and volunteers, you will develop an accountable, co-operative and resilient culture that puts our customers first.
YOU WILL HAVE;
- excellent communication skills, problem solving, priority setting and strategic thinking capabilities and the ability to impart vision and implement strategic goals
- Significant senior management experience, preferably within the not-for-profit sector
- Demonstrated experience in people leadership and in successfully implementing organisational change.
- An ability to create and build staff teams to collaboratively achieve results
- Demonstrated experience and capacity in financial, budget and service planning and project management.
- Demonstrated ability to source and diverse income/funding streams and support from a wide range of stakeholders
- Relevant tertiary qualification in business, HR, commerce or management (or the equivalent work experience).
- A current Victorian Driver’s License is essential (for manual vehicles) and a Police Check and Working with Children Check or ability to obtain one on engagement
- Knowledge of food systems and policy, both locally and nationally, as they relate to the areas of program activity is desirable
Nundah Community Enterprises Cooperative, Brisbane, Queensland
A leading hand is sought for NCEC’s Parks and Maintenance crew for a new contract maintaining gardens of unit blocks in inner city.
NCEC is a workers co-operative and social enterprise maintaining a number of properties in Brisbane’s Inner North. The primary purpose of NCEC is to create meaningful employment opportunities for people facing barriers to employment but we achieve this by running a profitable and effective business.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in Gardening and/or Landscaping, experience or aptitude for small business, a commitment to Co-operative principles and be welcoming of colleagues who may have a disability.
The leading hand will be responsible for maintaining contract requirements and leading a small team of workers under guidance of senior manager.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
The position is casual for 3 days or 22.8 hours per week with potential to extend hours. Preferred hours are 7 a.m.- 2.30 p.m.. but negotiation is possible. Work will initially be available for 6 months, but pending candidate suitability and status of contracts, permanent work may be available.
Remuneration and conditions are according to the Gardening and Landscaping Award 2010 commensurate with experience and including leading hand and other relevant loadings. Generous salary packaging benefits are also available.
Enjoy a great work culture with strong ecological and community ethos. Our workplace has high job satisfaction and retention due in part to its celebrated co-operative work culture. For more information please see www.ncec.com.au.
The Gardening and Landscaping award including pay and entitlements can be found here: http://awardviewer.fwo.gov.au/award/show/MA000101.
CERES : Brunswick, Victoria
About the role:
- Permanent part time position of 21 hours per week (three days)
- Hourly rate of $27.26 plus superannuation, generous staff discount and fulfilling serene environmental conditions
- Work with a dedicated and supportive team
What we are looking for:
You have experience within horticultural enterprises and a strong knowledge base including a range of propagation techniques. You are passionate about permaculture principles, regenerative agriculture and organic practices. You’ve had exposure to enterprise finances and know how to manage a budget and maintain accurate records. Conversing confidently comes naturally to you and you can manage volunteers, liaise with multiple stakeholders and can work in a collaborative manner. Ideally you’ll be equipped with a first aid certificate and have previous experience working in community organisations.
Queensland Farmers Federation : various locations in Queensland
We are looking for three positions as Agricultural Extension Trainees to be filled. We are looking for three graduates that are passionate about making a difference for the Great Barrier Reef, are passionate about Agriculture, and are looking to widen your industry experience.
The Queensland Farmers’ Federation (QFF) is facilitating an Agricultural Work Placement Program, funded by the Great Barrier Reef Foundation (GBRF), which aims to improve the capacity of early career extension officers (Trainees).
Three positions are available in three different host organisations in the Burdekin Region for 12 months. Each position has a specific description. Please see our website or the attachments for the position description.
The successful applicant will work alongside and receive mentoring from experienced advisors, participate in relevant training, engage with growers and graziers, and expand their access to professional networks. The focus of the position is on reducing the risk of excess nutrients, pesticides and sediments from agricultural runoff impacting reef water quality in the GBR catchments.
The Trainee will develop expertise in one or more of the following areas: land management, water management, water quality, soil health, and nutrient and pest management. The program will enhance the Trainee’s extension skills as they assist in delivering agricultural and Natural Resource Management (NRM) projects with landholders.
Leaf, Root & Fruit Pty Ltd : Melbourne, Victoria
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic team player, keen to share the excitement of sustainable, edible gardening in Melbourne. You’ll have completed a PDC, and have strong experience with CAD. You cannot wait to use and develop your design skills. You will fit seamlessly into our team of enthusiastic gardeners. Attention to detail and professionalism are of the utmost importance, in this role.
This role is designed to give the incumbent an opportunity to develop their Permaculture design skills whilst supporting the Director. This will enable them to progress to higher levels of responsibility within the team. Based in Burwood, this role will involve extensive travel across Metropolitan Melbourne. This casual role is anticipated to involve working 3 to 5 days per week, usually on a Monday to Friday .
At times, this position will involve manual labour and working with noisy power tools. We work in all weather conditions, including heat, rain and wind. The role is very active and requires someone who is physically fit.
- Supporting the Director
- Participating in design projects from start to finish
- Confidently liaising with clients
- Attending site visits and compiling client briefs
- Base mapping and technical drawing (utilising Sketch Up)
- Assisting with administration tasks
- Coordinating workshops
- Participate in landscaping, plant propagation and other “hands-on” activities
Collector’s Corner : Melbourne, Victoria
GENERAL DUTIES include:
- Identification and knowledge about relevant plants to be able to support customers with plant selection and providing growing advice
- Managing stock, merchandising, cleaning etc.
- Experience or the ability to perform other tasks across the store, including front counter and register.
- Duties will also entail moving and replenishment of stock, watering, cleaning and other physical tasks, and ALL applicants must be fit and able to lift, carry, push, pull, bend etc. without issue.
- Preference given to people with extensive knowledge of the relevant plant groups, however serious enthusiasts with a passion for learning may also be considered.
- Previous retail or customer service experience is preferred and horticultural qualifications, knowledge of other plants in our range, or strong interest in plants would be of benefit.
Plantmark; Victoria, Melbourne, Western Suburbs
We value professionalism, integrity and commitment to customer service. Our success depends on our people and we welcome those who are passionate about making a difference. We currently have three positions open: Nursery Sales (Coordinator), Nursery Apprentice (Dispatch), Nursery Coordinator (Sales)