The following positions are currently being advertised:
acre farm & eatery Brickworks : Burwood, Victoria
acre is recruiting a full-time Farm Manager to operate and oversee its proposed high production roof-top farm at Burwood in Melbourne’s East and be the custodian of its evolving farm-to-table positioning at that location.
This position will be specifically responsible for the day-to-day activities of running a market garden to supply seasonally fresh produce to the acre Brickworks farmhouse eatery and glasshouse café with excess produce to be made available to the local community and possibly Brickworks shopping centre tenants. Additionally, this position will require community engagement opportunities in the form of farm tours, workshops and special farm-based experiences and management of part-time farming assistant(s). It will also be imperative that the Farm Manager works closely with the acre Head Chef, Venue Manager and Group Farming Manager to deliver a high-quality outcome for menu design and implementation. Additionally, the Farm Manager will be responsible for maintaining a high level of visual presentation of the farm to meet and exceed stakeholder expectations and requirements.
Town and Country Balwyn Nursery: Melbourne, Victoria
Town and Country Balwyn Nursery requires a experienced and qualified retail horticulturist to join our team for an immediate start.
The successful applicant will have :
- superior customer service and communication skills and experience in Retail Nursery
- excellent knowledge of plants and their care, including disease and pest identification and respective treatment
- a strong work ethic, be punctual, reliable and honest
- passion for the industry and love of the outdoors
Town and Country Balwyn also requires a responsible hard working Gardener for our Garden Maintenance team.
The successful applicant will have:
- gardening experience – lawn care mowing and edging, whipper snipping, blowing, rubbish removal, planting, mulching, pruning, weeding etc
- good physical fitness and able to undertake manual work
- manual drivers licence
- Horticultural qualifications an advantage
Parnell’s Nursery: Tincurrin, Western Australia
Parnell’s Nursery is a wholesale native tree nursery growing trees under contract to many varied clients. We have the capacity to grow 4 million trees. At present we are growing nearly 2 million trees consisting of 300 varieties.
We have developed an excellent reputation for high quality seedlings and presently have one full-time employee, working with owners Kerry and Keith. We rely heavily on casual staff, mostly backpackers, during the season.
The owners are hoping to step back from full-time work, hence the opening for an Assistant Manager and another full-time employee for the next nursery season, beginning in October.
Tincurrin is a slightly isolated area, being 60kms from our closest town, Narrogin. There is a 3-bedroom house available, plus a backpacker share house.
To be a part of a team for the propagation of tree seedlings; from preparing and sterilising the potting media, seeding, transplanting, grading of seedlings. Managing the growing process which includes fertilising, fungal control, watering, frost management. Some weekend work would be required.
Stantec Australia : Perth, Western Australia
Immerse yourself in the beauty and ruggedness that is Western Australia. We are seeking applications for a full-time Botanist to join our Terrestrial Ecology team in our Perth office. Stantec will support your relocation, so if you’ve been thinking of making a move, now is the time!
The role will involve delivering high-quality botanical surveys, monitoring programs and technical advice to our clients. Important requirements of the role will be the ability to participate in field-based work, collect and analyse ecological data and prepare accurate, clear and concise reports in a timely and cost-efficient manner. Additionally, candidates must be willing to diversify skillsets by assisting on fauna surveys, rehabilitation monitoring programs and by assisting other service groups within the Perth office, as required.
Queensland Farmers Federation : various locations in Queensland
We are looking for three positions as Agricultural Extension Trainees to be filled. We are looking for three graduates that are passionate about making a difference for the Great Barrier Reef, are passionate about Agriculture, and are looking to widen your industry experience.
The Queensland Farmers’ Federation (QFF) is facilitating an Agricultural Work Placement Program, funded by the Great Barrier Reef Foundation (GBRF), which aims to improve the capacity of early career extension officers (Trainees).
Three positions are available in three different host organisations in the Burdekin Region for 12 months. Each position has a specific description. Please see our website or the attachments for the position description.
The successful applicant will work alongside and receive mentoring from experienced advisors, participate in relevant training, engage with growers and graziers, and expand their access to professional networks. The focus of the position is on reducing the risk of excess nutrients, pesticides and sediments from agricultural runoff impacting reef water quality in the GBR catchments.
The Trainee will develop expertise in one or more of the following areas: land management, water management, water quality, soil health, and nutrient and pest management. The program will enhance the Trainee’s extension skills as they assist in delivering agricultural and Natural Resource Management (NRM) projects with landholders.
Leaf, Root & Fruit Pty Ltd : Melbourne, Victoria
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic team player, keen to share the excitement of sustainable, edible gardening in Melbourne. You’ll have completed a PDC, and have strong experience with CAD. You cannot wait to use and develop your design skills. You will fit seamlessly into our team of enthusiastic gardeners. Attention to detail and professionalism are of the utmost importance, in this role.
This role is designed to give the incumbent an opportunity to develop their Permaculture design skills whilst supporting the Director. This will enable them to progress to higher levels of responsibility within the team. Based in Burwood, this role will involve extensive travel across Metropolitan Melbourne. This casual role is anticipated to involve working 3 to 5 days per week, usually on a Monday to Friday .
At times, this position will involve manual labour and working with noisy power tools. We work in all weather conditions, including heat, rain and wind. The role is very active and requires someone who is physically fit.
- Supporting the Director
- Participating in design projects from start to finish
- Confidently liaising with clients
- Attending site visits and compiling client briefs
- Base mapping and technical drawing (utilising Sketch Up)
- Assisting with administration tasks
- Coordinating workshops
- Participate in landscaping, plant propagation and other “hands-on” activities
Collector’s Corner : Melbourne, Victoria
GENERAL DUTIES include:
- Identification and knowledge about relevant plants to be able to supportcustomers with plant selection and providing growing advice
- Managing stock, merchandising, cleaning etc.
- Experience or the ability to perform other tasks across the store, including front counter and register.
- Duties will also entail moving and replenishment of stock, watering, cleaning and other physical tasks, and ALL applicants must be fit and able to lift, carry, push, pull, bend etc. without issue.
- Preference given to people with extensive knowledge of the relevant plant groups, however serious enthusiasts with a passion for learning may also be considered.
- Previous retail or customer service experience is preferred and horticultural qualifications, knowledge of other plants in our range, or strong interest in plants would be of benefit.
1300apprentice : Southern Highlands & Tablelands, New South Wales
At 1300apprentice we have a client based in the Southern Highlands looking for a Horticulture trainee to join their team.
If you are confident, a team player and have passion for plants, this is perfect for you!
Our Host Employer specialises in trees, shrubs, roses and plants ideally suited to the Southern Highlands and other cold climate locations. You will be working with a great team who are very passionate!
Duties will include:
- Stock Control
- Customer Service
- Plant Identification
- Pest Control
- Fertilizing and
- Working along-side people with special needs
CERES Community Environment Park : Melbourne, Victoria
We are looking for an inclusive and innovative qualified VET trainer in horticulture with experience delivering accredited training to participants from all walks of life. You are passionate about sustainability and keen to pass that passion on to your students through hands on learning experiences. You are a patient communicator who makes learning fun, and you love seeing your students gain confidence as they achieve their learning outcomes.
You will :
- Deliver the CERES Training curriculum to students and groups
- Provide hands-on, real world learning experiences in sustainable horticulture
- Must be available Wednesdays from July to November 2019 with the potential for additional work
Plantmark; Victoria, Melbourne, Western Suburbs
We value professionalism, integrity and commitment to customer service. Our success depends on our people and we welcome those who are passionate about making a difference. We currently have three positions open: Nursery Sales (Coordinator), Nursery Apprentice (Dispatch), Nursery Coordinator (Sales)