The following positions are currently being advertised:
Kuranga Native Nursery : Mt Evelyn, Victoria
We are seeking fit, energetic and bubbly people to join our friendly sales team.
The successful applicants will have a strong knowledge of Australian native plants and preferably have spent time within the horticulture industry.
Previous retail nursery experience is an advantage.
The role includes:-
- Serving and assisting customers with their plant selection and garden queries
- Restocking the nursery
- Tidying and re-arranging displays
- Stock maintenance
Two positions available – one full time and one casual.
Treloar Roses: South West Coast, Victoria
Treloar Roses is seeking to fill two full-time positions to help oversee and manage the day to day operations of the wholesale / retail nursery. Candidates must possess a working knowledge of all facets of the annual rose cycle and be able to perform duties listed below. Candidates must possess a working knowledge of all facets of the annual rose cycle and be able to perform duties listed below.
- Plan and propagate crops according to contractual specifications
- Maintain detailed records of different varieties of roses budded/grafted on a daily and monthly basis
- Monitor soil conditions and other environmental factors likely to impact on plants and take appropriate action where needed
- Maintain plant care and treatment using fertilizers and pesticides to ensure optimal growth
- Supervise harvesting / pruning teams and provide training where needed
- Maintain farming equipment including machinery and irrigation systems
- Monitor the packaging of plants and ensure that plants are graded properly
- Assist with operational activities including administration, marketing and dispatch.
Handcrafted Gardens : Brisbane, Queensland
Handcrafted Gardens is seeking a motivated, energetic and career focused person currently working in the industry. We plant and care for gardens on Brisbane’s northside. We’re looking for a well presented person with a passion for plants and an eye for detail with a minimum of 4 years horticultural experience.
Premium Gekko Gardening : Brisbane, Queensland
We seek a motivated, experienced property maintenance gardener. The role is long-term casual. A desire for Leadership progression and training will be highly regarded.
This role is suited to a highly motivated individual looking for long term employment, hourly rate depending on qualifications and experience as job will begin on a casual arrangement extending to permanent part time for the right candidate.
– Minimum certificate II in Horticulture or higher
– Experience in garden and lawn maintenance services
– Must take pride in your work and show a genuine passion for horticulture.
– Professional presentation & positive attitude.
– Punctuality & reliability
– Manual drivers’ licence, experience driving with a trailer an advantage
– ACDC & chain saw licence an advantage.
– Bluecard, Police check – or willing to obtain
– Able to get to Ferny hills each morning on time, work vehicles leave and return daily.
– Permanent residents only please
MONA : Hobart, Tasmania
Tasmania’s Museum of Old and New Art (Mona) is rapidly moving into the next phase of growth at its Berriedale site, so we’re in need of a Horticulture Manager to ensure Mona’s garden landscape is complementary to the site development. In this role, your responsibilities will vary from supervising grounds employees, collaborating with employees who are leading the site development and developing planning schedules that consider the development activities. You’re ideally focussed on growing a team and facilitating training opportunities to address any skill gaps and meet the demands of this development phase, but you’ll be supported to recruit specialist team members where necessary.
Aleister Branwen Horticulture : Melbourne, Victoria
We are looking for an experienced Horticulturalist:
- Must be qualified (Horticulture Parks and Gardens)
- Motivated, reliable and conscientious
- Positive and passionate about gardens
- Superior plant identification knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills to enhance team work and customer relations
- Practiced time management skills
- Minimum of 2 years industry experience
- Must be aware the work will be based in the South East suburbs, and that this would be an acceptable commute.
Coal River Farm : Hobart, Tasmania
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to be part of the horticulture activity at Coal River Farm, in Tasmania.
The role is part of the small team responsible for the successful management of mixed berries, orchard and a small vineyard.
The agricultural operation complements other artisan activities onsite including chocolate making, cheese making, a farm gate operation, food and beverage sales and other artisan pursuits.
Reporting to the Farm Manager you will help with the ongoing development and maintenance of the pick-your-own fruit farm and vineyard. You will also be involved in the general upkeep of the grounds.
This is a hands-on role that provides an opportunity to learn horticultural systems and a requires a willingness to get their hands dirty and get the job done.
You will possess a friendly, affable nature conducive to working in partnership with other on-site tourism activities.
Life’s a Garden : Sydney, NSW
We are seeking Maintenance Gardeners / Horticulturalists to join our Life’s a Garden team.
We are a small company located in the Hills district. Come join our young, vibrant team. Develop your skills, step up and become a leader and help us to grow.
Majority of our clients are located in the Hills district.
Enjoy variety and flexibility. Optional overtime available.
If you are reliable, have a great work ethic, good people skills, and are keen to work at some of the Hills most beautifully maintained and established gardens, then apply now for an immediate start.
A current drivers licence is required.
Heide : Museum of Modern Art: Melbourne, Victoria
We are seeking a suitably qualified horticultural professional to develop, care for and maintain our extensive heritage gardens, sculpture park and grounds, and to devise innovative ways to integrate the gardens into the various educational and public programs associated with the cultural heritage and history of the site, and the Museum’s collection and exhibitions programs as necessary.
The Head Gardener & Caretaker position offers an exciting opportunity for a horticulturalist to coordinate all aspects of the strategic planning related to the development of Heide’s heritage gardens. Heide’s Head Gardener works closely with our Public Programs Manager and Museum Educator to develop and deliver high quality programming (including tours and talks by the Head Gardener) that engages the public with the Heide II Kitchen Garden, Heide I Vegetable Garden, the Wild Garden and the park generally.
Acorn Nursery : Melbourne, Victoria
We are looking for someone to join our gift shop team on a full time basis. The hours are 9.00am to 5.00pm from Sunday through to Thursday. The position is largely a customer service role but the successful candidate will have the opportunity to move into visual merchandising and purchasing.
Driscoll’s Australia Pty Ltd: Launceston, Tasmania
- F/T Permanent
- Based 15 min from Launceston
- Will suit recent graduates
- No exp. necessary
Reporting directly to the site senior manager this role provides invaluable daily scouting, data collection and reporting to the site that is key to improving our growing practices. You will be able to identify trends and issues on plant health including pest and disease, nutrition and quality of plant material and help make improvements. Working alongside a team of passionate growers you will have autonomy in your role and be able to utilise and apply your learned skills in best-practice plant growing and cultivation techniques.
SERCO : Melbourne CBD & Inner Suburbs, Victora
We are now seeking a highly motivated Head Gardener to manage and coordinate the maintenance and development of gardens and other high profile horticultural assets within some of the most prestigious and beautiful parks and open spaces in Melbourne and the CBD.
As Head Gardener you will lead, develop and supervise a Horticultural team to complete all required horticultural maintenance tasks and activities.
- Provide overall custodianship to allocated areas of responsibility
- Assist with the installation and maintenance of floral installations to high profile locations, including Melbourne Town Hall
- Assist with the installation of high profile displays within the Fitzroy Gardens Conservatory
- Plan and organise all required maintenance activities within areas of responsibility
- Provide a single point of contact for council officers, event organisation and contractors
- Manage electronic daily schedules and work orders
- Monitoring plant irrigation requirements and managing water use and application
- Assist in the monitoring of tree health throughout the municipality and reporting issues
- Assist in planning and delivery of Capital Works landscaping and planting projects as required
- Actively protect City of Melbourne assets and provide a safe, high quality public environment for residents and visitors within the region, including daily litter removal and waste management.
Plantmark; Victoria, Melbourne, Western Suburbs
We value professionalism, integrity and commitment to customer service. Our success depends on our people and we welcome those who are passionate about making a difference. We currently have three positions open: Nursery Sales (Coordinator), Nursery Apprentice (Dispatch), Nursery Coordinator (Sales)